Huntington bank routing number is a 9-digit number that is needed whenever you do any bank transactions like electronic wire transfers, ACH transfers, direct deposits, check reordering etc. This routing number is also known as RTN (Routing Transit Number), ABA (American Bankers Association) routing numbers and ACH (Automated Clearing House) routing number.
When we talk of Huntington Bank Routing Number, it is 044000024 for wire transfer. If you are doing international wire transfers then you will also require Huntington National Bank’s swift code, which is HUNTUS33.
How to Find the Huntington Bank Routing Number details, follow these steps.
You need the have a check to access the routing number. The Wire Transfer details are mentioned above. If you don’t have the check, then you need to find the account number in your bank account, and the routing number will be corresponding to that number as follows, if your bank account number is 44, then your routing number will be 042215060. And if its 04, then your routing number will be 041215016, if its 12, then your routing number will be 041215032, these are just examples to help you understand the combination from the below picture. You can also find these details about the routing numbers from the office website of Hunting bank here.
Here are the complete list of Huntington Bank Routing Numbers.
The other way to find it is to log in to your online banking and get it by navigating to the account information section.
With more and more people preferring to shop or pay bills online, paying via direct debit from checking account is gaining popularity. This is a bit different than paying via a credit or a debit card. Here, what you do is provide routing and account number to initiate payment. This method, which is known as an electronic check or direct debit, is simple and works just like any other online payment. It is facilitated by ACH, which is an electronic network for securely accepting deposits and disbursing payments.
There are two basic types of ACH transactions:
- ACH Credits: In credit transactions, the originating financial institution sends funds to an account at receiving financial institution. The whole process takes around 1-2 business days and all direct deposits and online bill pay transactions are processed through it.
- ACH Debits: Here the bank raises requests for funds that it has been authorized to take from an account at another financial institution. This is where you need to give your account information to the third party to transfer those funds from your account. It normally takes one business day to complete the transaction.
Like any other Routing number, the Huntington bank routing number can be found on the bottom of the check where it is the first set of numbers on the bottom left of each check.
This is an extremely convenient method, but the only concern is that since it requires giving your account and routing number it can prove to be riskier too. As the account number is shared by a third party, it can prove disastrous if the information falls into the wrong hands. To safeguard yourself, you need to take certain precautions.
- Be vigilant and avoid paying by check or ACH debit because in both the cases you need to share your account number.
- Make it a habit to review your bank statements regularly and if you find any suspicious transactions report immediately.
- The business account holders have several other tools offered to combat ACH debit fraud. These include:
- ACH Debit Block– It blocks or prohibits all ACH debit withdrawals from the account.
- ACH Debit Filters– Only those ACH debit transactions that match criteria set by you on the payee, dollar amount etc. are honoured.
- ACH Positive Pay– Before any transaction is done, it allows the account holder to review it.
I’ll also update more details about the Huntington Bank routing number with text table, so that you can copy it as a reference to use it whenever you want.